Sophia Centre News
by Nick Campion
The Third Post Graduate Conference
Speakers, titles and abstracts to date include:
- Crystal Addey : Oracles, Ritual and Astrology in Porphyry's Philosophy from Oracles
- Liz Greene : How the Kabbalah came to Britain: the Hebrew roots of the Victorian occult revival
- Darrelyn Gunzburg : A Civic Palimpsest: The fresco paintings of the first floor Salone of the Palazzo della Ragione, Padua, Italy
- Rob Hand : The Uses of Medieval Astrology
- Peter Kebbell : Druidry before Stukeley: early 18th century views of the ancient priesthood
- Garry Phillipson : Defining the Divinity in Divination
- Ian Davis : Dane Rudhyar - Seed Man for a New Era?
- Jennifer Fleming : Entering the Matrix: A Contemporary Cosmological Journey
- James Frazier : Jung and Synchronicity
- Maurice McCann : Was Alan Leo's Reform of Astrology a Symptom of the Birth of Modernism?
- Chris Mitchell : The Development of the Zodiac.
The cost is £25 to attend one day or £35 to attend both days (including a vegetarian buffet lunch and refreshments). A booking form is downloadable from http://sophiama.lamp.ac.uk, as is information about the programme and places to stay in Bath. All inquiries should be sent to Nick Campion, firstname.lastname@example.org.
MA teaching is now underway, with twelve students signed up. The next intake will be Autumn 2008 and applications should be submitted by July. Details are on-line at www.lamp.ac.uk/sophia.